fredag 10 september 2010

Art is in the air, everywhere I look around

The sun is shining and it's an absolutely beautiful day!

Free champagne and art last night. That's never wrong. The exhibit itself was...not very consistent. Parts of it were lovely, for example Christina Kubisch's work was very much to my liking, as was Pessi Parviainen's. Kubisch's was very interesting and funny in a weird way, Parviainen's was just so beautiful in its simplicity!

The rest were not bad, but the reason I didn't enjoy them as much was more the space than the work itself. They are sound installations, but they are arranged so that sound from neighbouring installations are disturbing. Also one of my big pet peeves is things that looked poorly executed or un-finished. As in this case, some of the temporary walls and constructions looked like they weren't done yet because the corners weren't painted. These things are really disturbing to me. When I look at art I don't want to be bothered by a construction site.

All in all it was still an exhibit worth visiting, so go see/hear it at Aboa Vetus Ars Nova.

Checked my inbox this morning when I woke up and there was an invitation to a jazz gig on Monday. A friend is playing and I would love to see it, but I get back in town so late I might miss it. But mark my words, this young man is the next big thing in Finnish jazz!

Other than that my plans for today are dropping some clothes off at the flee-market, dog sitting my cousin's friend's dogs as she's getting married today (congrats!) and going to a farewell party for a friend who is leaving for Luxembourg for an internship. Translating stuff. French-Finnish.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar