tisdag 27 april 2010

Anna Karenina

Oh yes, I did manage to get me and my friend tickets for Anna Karenina even though it was sold out, thanks to some help from a friend at the theatre.

Where to start...? It was long, very very long. 4 hours and 15 minutes with only one break. I must admit to being abit apprehensive about this play because of the length. I love theatre, but never the less, I have fallen asleep during plays if they are too long and too slow. Luckily, even though I was really tired when I got to the theatre, there was no risk of me falling asleep during this play! It was very intense, the dynamics worked well and the actors were seriously working their asses off on stage! The costume design was awesome. The scenography was even better! (I bet the stage techs don't love it as much as I did, it must take ages to set up and deconstruct.) I love how the director had made use of the entire stage in many different ways, and also incorporating live video projection.

It was also very physical, lots of running and shouting for the actors. No wonder they only play it a couple of times a month. All and all, I liked it, but on the down side I have to say I wasn't touched. It didn't make me feel. It was good theatre. Great is when something happens to your own emotions when sitting in the audience. This didn't quite get all the way there, but I enjoyed it.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar