söndag 14 november 2010

Loves me, loves me not...

On the train, on my way home from our capital on Saturday, I ended up sitting next to this lady of about 60 years of age. My seat was taken so since the one next to her was free I figured it's less of a hassle to sit next to her than to ask the guy sitting on my seat to move all his stuff.

I was planning to do some reading, have a bunch of articles that need to be read. Got the papers out and everything. Then this lady starts talking. As I think it's important to be polite to people I listened and asked a few questions. I also believe in the importance of NOTICING people. We all have a need to be seen and heard. This lead to us having a conversation for the next two hours, that is, until we were in Turku. Her husband had died three years ago, and she told me about how she still cries over him, how she misses him, and how she can't imagine ever meeting a new man. She also told me they had been married for 40 years, and that she had known from the second she saw him, that he was The One. I told her I am sorry for her loss, but that I think she's very fortunate to have gotten to experience such love, it is not something we all have the privilege of experiencing. I'm glad she told me her story, it gives me hope. Maybe real love isn't just a fairytale fantasy fed to us by Hollywood. Maybe it really exists.

Back home I was sooo sooo very tired. Fell asleep around 8.30 pm and woke up the next morning around 9.30 am. 13 hour sleep. Not bad!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar