måndag 5 juli 2010

Being single

This is something I've been giving a lot of thought through out the years. About being single, that is. I'm 28, and for most of my life I've been single. There has been one relationship that can be considered more serious, but other than that, nothing! Well, dating of course, but nothing that has led to anything more serious than a few months of dating.

I'm wondering why this is so? I'm not complaining, because I rather enjoy being single. It has a lot of perks. For example I can do whatever I want, go where ever I want, be with who ever I want, and when ever I want. The freedom when being single is something I really value. Also I don't have to make compromises about anything, I get all the closet space, I get to choose the colors of the walls etc.

But as the norm in today's society is that of twosomeness (is that even a word) it makes me wonder, is there something wrong with me? I have been attracted, and had flings that I would've hoped had led to something more, so it's not like I'm against being in a relationship. So what's the problem? Why am I not succeeding in finding someone I want to be with and who wants to be with me?

I'm no super-model, but I look good. I'm athletic and not very big. I have plenty of guy friends who seem to like my company, so that leads me to the conclusion that there isn't really anything severely wrong with my personality either. I just don't get it!

I had a discussion about this with a friend of mine, who in this sense is very much like me. Her response was that she thinks we are both missing some sort of girlfriend-gene. Could that be? We are both quite goal-oriented, in the beginning of what will become great careers in what are considered high status jobs, funny, smart, good looking and confident. Those are pretty much the same qualities that I personnally would want in a partner, yet we are both single, and have been for quite some while.

In the meanwhile, I see couples where the girlfriends are very demanding, naging, complaining, restricting, and insecure (yes, there are exceptions). Is that what guys want?? Can it be?? If so, why?

Somebody please explain to me!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar